Don’t Get these Styles Anymore – #NotTrendingJanuary 4, 2020
#TrendingNow – One-Length HaircutsFebruary 6, 2020
Loving your curly hair affair? Here are few expert tips and tricks from Vipul Chudasama to give the best care and style to your naturally curly hair, any time of the year.
- Do Not comb your curly hair when it is dry. Avoid touching it frequently – playing with your hair, twisting it with your fingers etc; the more you touch it, the more frizzy it gets.
- Get to Know your curly hair needs. All hair types and textures need nourishment but in the case of naturally curly hair, the hydration levels require special attention, as dryness and frizz are a constant threat.
- The Right Care for your curly hair starts with shampooing and conditioning it with products ideally recommended by a professional. Tried and tested brands like L’Oreal Professional is highly recommended because when it comes to your natural hair, experimenting with all that’s available in the market is not a good call.
- Hair Mask is a must for thick hair that needs extra care and can follow the shampoo and conditioner. Remember – “Thicker products for thicker hair.” Our hairdressers can suggest the right product after analysing your hair and its unique needs.
- Detangle using a wide-toothed comb (shampoo comb), right after rinsing off your hair mask for curly hair, while the hair is still wet. Gently towel-dry your hair afterwards.
- Cream-based products are the go-to care and styling solution for dense curly hair, as it needs intense hydration. Lack of moisture is a major issue for naturally curly hair and using at least one cream-based product in your hair care routine will keep the frizz away and also, help define your curls better.
- Moisturizing your curly hair is an important part of curly hair care. In fact, it is recommended to keep your cream-based hair care product with you at all times, as your curly hair needs moisturizing every 6 – 7 hours. Exposure to external elements like pollution, air conditioning, sunlight etc can sap out the moisture quickly and leave your curly hair dry and frizzy. Just like your skin, make sure to rehydrate your curly hair.
- Styling your curly hair depends on the type of curls you have and your requirements. For defined curls, you need a product that gives it a bit of hold, along with the cream-based moisturisation. We recommend a full-volume mousse.
- Spray on a volume-lift mousse, scrunch your hair, and leave it to air-dry. Once dried, you will get beautifully controlled voluminous finish and naturally defined hydrated curls.
- For the best results in curly hair care and styling, we recommend L’Oréal Professionnel French Froissé cream and L’Oréal Professionnel TecniART Liss Control Cream.